Estheticians have an increased value to the medical profession now more than ever. There couldn’t be a better time for you to read Esthetics Exposed: Mastering Esthetics in a Medical Setting and Beyond!
The role of the esthetician in a clinical setting—be it surgical consultation, medi-spa, or general practice office—is a fast-growing one. Pre- and post-operative care is oftentimes a secondary concern, despite the fact that it is absolutely crucial to the overall health and well-being of the patient/client and a requisite regimen toward realizing the results desired or promised from the medical procedure. Demand continues to grow for non-surgical services including chemical peels and microdermabrasion. In addition, physicians are offering cosmetic treatments, pre-and post-surgical treatments, and skin care products.
Esthetics Exposed: Mastering Esthetics in a Medical Setting and Beyond, an expansion and reinvention of Terri A. Wojak’s popular Mastering Medical Esthetics, explains the details and methodologies employed in the service of esthetic assistance in a medical environment. For the esthetician and medical professional alike, this book emphasizes a working philosophy that esthetic treatment should benefit the mental and emotional well-being of the patient/client, along with healing the body.
In eight well-organized sections comprising 38 chapters, Wojak discusses topics that include:
- The Science of Beauty
- Regulatory Implications to Treatment and Proper Documentation Procedures
- Common Skin Conditions, including but not limited to Acne, Rosacea, and Age-compromised Skin
- LED and IPL Therapy
- Understanding Ingredients and Products in Order to Make Proper Recommendations and Applications
- Microneedling and Microcurrent
- Advanced Esthetic Treatments, such as Dermaplaning and Chemical and Oxygen Treatments
- Techniques for Building Your Esthetic Business and Client Roster
- And much, much more
Skin Inc. Books and TrueU Esthetics have teamed up to present Esthetics Exposed: Mastering Esthetics in a Medical Setting and Beyond: the only resource you will need in order to succeed in the field of medical esthetics.